The most striking feature about the NBA 2K18 is its awesome realism, bringing gamers to as close to the real action as can ever be possible. A lot of other features within the game has also undergone improvement and modification, setting the game apart as a trailblazer. There is a tremendous list of exciting modifications available in the game that has caused a buzz. Below are seven of them;
1. All-time team: The game comes with an All-Time Team feature, showcasing the best players in the history of the franchise. This allows the greatest legendary players in the history of the sport to occupy the court with current superstars.
2. 16 New classic Teams: NBA 2k18 will also be featuring 16 new classic teams. Classic teams refer to teams that were able to achieve success in one season. These classic teams would be familiar to the gamers. The rationale behind this move is that gamers will find it easier to relate with these teams, as compared to older great players who are no longer remembered.
3. MyTEAM Strategy Cards: Another interesting addition to the game is the ability to pick a coach. Not only that, after picking a coach you are responsible for providing the coach with unique players that resonate with his team play. For example, if you pick a defense-minded coach, your team should consist more of blockers and stealers. And if your coach is more adventurous, you should search for players that are more athletic and can take quick advantage of loose balls.
The game also allows the coach to talk to his team during timeouts and influence their performance. The means of this conversation is the Strategy cards. The higher the rank of the coach the more the strategy cards he has and can use.
4. Draft and Playoffs: The game also allows for draft and playoffs. The aim of the developers is to create in gamers the feeling of picking a roster and then training him into MyTeam and if you are lucky, reach the finals with him. The drafts, just like in real life, is based majorly on luck. You might get players who will eventually become superstars or you might choose, and be stuck with, mediocre players. Your choice will go a long way in determining how the process will pan out for you.
You will also play series of playoffs with other gamers in order to reach the finals and win prizes.
5. Gamers' role: The gamers will also have a role to play in this new game. The narrative is that you are a former star but your career ended too soon in the 2011 Western Conference Finals. You have now taken a team to prove that you are as good on the court as you are outside it. This feature of turning MyGM into a story is a risky one, but time will tell if it was worth the risk.
6. Better Game Play: The NBA 2k18 will feature players with better game movement. In the past editions, players movement have been dependent on animation rather than skill. The consequence of this is that a slower player could shoot or steal the ball quicker than another who is statistically superior. In NBA 2K18, this would not be the case as the animation will be determined by the skills of the player and gamer. This would further give more authenticity to the game experience.
7. Defense and Dribble The game will also make it harder to stop great dribblers and slashers. In previous editions, standing in front of a dribbler was enough to stop him, regardless of your skill or experience. This would no longer be the case as your ability must match up to that of your opponent if you want to stand a chance at stopping him.